Our extensive and senior level experience in the commodity and finance markets means Energy Edge can provide the insights and edge necessary to gain a competitive advantage in energy/commodity risk management, commercial or treasury related business projects. Energy Edge provides direct advisory services, project lead work or can act as an embedded team member to support you to meet your organisational business requirements.
Energy Edge portfolio of projects include:
- Gap Analysis and benchmarking of multi-energy and environmental commodity portfolio optimisation strategies, risk and trading capabilities and delivery of detailed implementation plans.
- Development of alternative sales/trading strategies for greenfield and existing wind and solar projects.
- Market analysis and multi-commodity price forecasting including Australian electricity, gas, carbon and other environmental markets.
- Analytical and market advice for commercialisation strategies and feasibility studies on gas and gas generation projects.
- Development of portfolio optimisation strategies to assist maximising value in the physical-optionality across portfolios and cross-commodity correlations.
- Development of gas-optimisation strategies, systems and processes for upstream and downstream gas and electricity portfolios.
- Valuation, earnings at risk and cashflow at risk analysis of alternative LNG contract structures and domestic gas commercial strategies.
Energy Edge has provided consultancy and advisory services to both well-established market participants
and to potential new participants and investors from abroad.
The Edge – Energy Market Reports (Oct – Dec 2022)
Recent topics: Gas and coal price caps. Consideration and implementation of political intervention. QCLNG and coal outages. AEMO – Gas Supply and System Adequacy Report. Review of historical GSOOs from 2013-2015.
Using the Electricity Forecast Service (EFS) to manage new Semi-Scheduled rules.
AEMO has new rules for Semi-Scheduled Generators. Energy Edge brings accurate forecast electricity spot prices to help participants make effective decisions.
The rise and rise of rooftop solar
Rooftop PV Solar has basically become an Australian obsession with more than 2.6 million individual installations.
However, the rapid rise of solar has also created its own challenges which have severely impacted the recent wholesale price outcomes and potential value of future feed-in tariffs rates.