The Edge – Energy Market Reports (Apr – Jun 2021)
Q2 2021 The Edge – Energy Market Reports topics
Energy Edge has recently published The Edge – Energy Market reports.
20 April 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Investigaing the QCLNG Double Train Outage. Following the gas in terms of Shell gas production, GLNG LNG response, GLNG upstream response, Surat Gas Generation and Queensland pipeline interconnector flows.
- Investigation into Winter readiness in terms of QSN flow rates and record Iona gas storage levels during the pre-winter maintenance.
13 May 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Investigation into the Southern (NSW, Vic, SA) gas market volatility during the Iona outage including the reliance on Longford during supply side constraints and the STTM/DWGM offer behaviour response.
- Analysis into the LNG Export vessel destination and dominance of China as the destination of choice for QCLNG and APLNG.
20 May 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Inverstigation into the sampling bias on the electricity market through the monitoring of the electricity market over lunch. This analysis highlights that the rules of thumb that have worked in the energy markets are changing rapidly.
- Commencement of the Curtis LNG maintenance season with rolling maintenance until September 2021.
26 May 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Major Electricity Market Event: Callide C Explosion
- Deep analysis into the event. Direct supply side impacts at Callide C and Callide B and transmission network impacts on Stanwell, Gladstone, Yarwun, NQ Solar and the Qld-NSW Interconnector. Under frequency load shedding. Immediate response by gas generators
- Analysis of MTPASA submissions for initial return to service expectations.
- Impact of high price / load shedding on the electrified gas production in the Surat basin.
11 June 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Investigation into Reliability of Black and Brown Coal.
- Assessment of unit by unit reliability (number of outages) and length of continuous operation.
- Impact of the exit of Hazelwood on reliability (end of life asset).
- Update on Carbon Emissions with outages at Black coal site
- Breaking: Yallourn flooding event.
18 June 2021 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Curious case of Braemar A #3 MTPASA Updates.
- Investigation into Coal’s market share over the past decade – highlighted by record market share for scheduled demand.
- CS Energy’s assets analysis with return to service of Callide B and Kogan Creek.
- Further update on the ongoing Yallourn flooding event with comparisons to June 2012 and Jan 2019 events.
Please contact Josh (email@example.com) for further information.