Energy Edge created the Gas Market Analysis Tool (GMAT) as a dynamic online system that has become the definitive source of gas market information for the east coast market and international gas markets via the Curtis Island LNG facilities.
GMAT is delivered through a robust online subscription service and used by gas users, generators, producers, financial institutions and government agencies. Active subscribers account for 80% of gas supply and demand on the east coast.
Energy Edge GMAT provides:
- Daily detailed view of the gas production, storage, deliveries and consumption by region and sub region, aggregated by type or equity ownership
- Historical LNG exports and medium-term capacity outlook as well as LNG Netback pricing calculations based on defined assumptions and methodology
- Interactive gas map which shows regional locations inclusive of short-term historical trends
- Extraction of pricing and calculated participant behaviour for the Short-Term Trading Market, Declared Wholesale Gas Market and Gas Supply Hub market data
- Calculation and reporting of the electricity spark spread for each region based on plant specific heat rate calculations and gas and electricity market outcomes
- Google Map interface display of the Australian gas pipeline and facility infrastructure including detailed reporting on the Queensland CSG well development program and key performance statistics